Hello and welcome to my blog.

Since retiring from teaching last June, I have rediscovered the joy of sewing.  In my teens and twenties, I used to make most of my clothes  This was mainly in self defense, as in the 60's and 70's, finding clothes that were both fashionable and long enough for a female who was 5'10" tall, was a daunting challenge.

Then life got in the way of this hobby.  Marriage, children, activities, pets and work left little time for sewing, except on rare occasions.  Returning to my hobby, I was amazed by the changes that had occurred during the barren years: Indie pattern makers selling online, custom fabric groups, facebook sewing groups, pattern testing, and more.

As I continue further exploration of the art of sewing in the 21st century, from time to time I will blog about patterns, fabrics, and the trials and tribulations of learning new tricks of the trade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retro...What's Old is New Again

Denim - It's All in the Details!

Ready for Adventure