Back on Track - My first Spoxxy

Well, I'm afraid I have been neglecting this little blog.  I have certainly been doing tons of sewing, but somehow, I haven't been busily writing about my accomplishments. It's back to business today with this post about my newest tank top, the Spoxxy from Stitch Upon A Time (SUAT).

I am showcasing the back of my top as this is the pzazz of the Spoxxy, which is a great tank top and dress from Stitch Upon a Time.  This pattern has just been updated and now includes layers, as well as a dress version.  I decided to upcycle a maxi skirt that I made last year in this ITY.  While I love the fabric design, it was just too heavy as a skirt, but it's awesome as a Spoxxy.

This is a quick sew which can be made start to finish in about an hour and a half to two hours, depending on your skill level.  The only tricky part is attaching the gathered back to the yoke.  As long as you go slowly and use tons of clips or pins, it will be just fine.

The pattern comes in sizes from XXS to 4X and can accommodate bust sizes ranging from 25 - 56.5 inches, and includes a version that is nursing friendly.  It also has layers and a printing guide for the pages so you can only print the pages that you need for the version you are choosing to do. 

Here's the front view:
I think it's a very cute top and it is just flowy enoug.h to be flattering on any type of figure.  Follow the link below to take a look at the website to see lots of other versions.  I'm sure you will find one you will like.
SUAT Spoxxy


Happy sewing!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retro...What's Old is New Again

Denim - It's All in the Details!

Ready for Adventure